Monday 9 July 2018

Toulouse 2018

Spending some days at a remote see side village in the South of France, I have savoured the hearth of Europe in all tis beauty and contradiction.  Here everybody is French and speaks French but a handful of European tourists desperately trying to communicate in English with the local butcher who is both bemused and desperate to help the weirdos using the only 6 words he has ever learned in English, most of them being yes or not and - more to the point - bargain.
As a silent observer, I have written some pieces and notes to express my love for Europe and all its represents, a declaration of love for what I feel is my own country and my own family.
And as in every family it is good to make fun of old uncle Stuart who collects old cars and has just bought a fifth one.
I will make fun of my European fellows talking about their little manias and faults not because I do not like them but because I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment